Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday honey-dew list

No pix for today, cats are sleeping upstairs for a change. Grady adopted the laundry basket as a bed now. Not much on job search front, have to step up the activity level a notch and do more research. I should be holding "open house" martini lunches and taking CTO's out to dinner at McCormick and Schmidt or similar.

Filed down the remaining sharp corners on lexan instrument cover for the boat. Removed the protective paper, I consider it "ready to use" now. I think I finally got the front storm door to latch properly. Well, compared to how you had to slam it three or four times before I started messing with it. Front doorbell button replaced, feels like a good day so far. Oops, shop vac the basement still. Is that aerobic?

Must read up on smaller companies around Massachusetts and try to make more LinkedIn contacts. I'm going to have to violate a rule and take my laptop with me on vacation on the boat this time. I suppose I can check online radar scans if the weather gets iffy.

The supposed education discount for new computers did not materialize, so stop thinking about a new iMac and see if I can justify a new MacBookPro at some point.

Apparently there may be a couple of SmartGrid positions to be had, at work. This week is the deadline for a decision, so I suppose that is something to look forward to as far as "good news once removed".

Sunday Sailing was pleasant but breeze was all over the place, zero knots, twenty knots, westerly, southerly, northerly. Gave up at 2:30 and took rookie sailor into Marblehead Harbor for a quick tour. New Dax winch handles seem to be keepers, kind of like switching from a standard transmission car to an automatic. My thumb keeps searching for the locking lever, which isn't there anymore.


1 comment:

  1. Did I tell you the boy got himself a little Mac at Best Buy the other week? It is quite an appealing machine, I must admit. I just downloaded Audacity, free studio software, and hope to play with it some time this year...once I get a USB mike or whatever I need to make a go of it - couple play with my built in mike, I s'pose.
    Any work counts toward your aerobic goals.

    ReplyDelete